Saturday, November 28, 2009

unseen

Cool air ghosts across my face.  My hair swishes gently as I pull my coat tighter.  There's a newness in the atmosphere, the kind that only comes from the first snow.  Long since melted from the day, but somehow it has still left it's mark.  Everything seems different, is different. 

***



I'm not sure what it was, I just know something changed for me on that walk back to the car.  I was briefly cocooned in a sense of calm I did not know was possible to reach.  The world seemed another place for a few moments.  My soul was lifted.

Now that it's been dropped back into it's "rightful" place (which, who really knows about that?  Right?)  I'm left with...well something feels broken, or maybe shifted?  I can't discern.

I long for that chill again.  The one that leaves you warm and comforted.  It only happens at the oddest moments and you must, above all else, remember to revel in it.  Or you will feel a great loss later.

Like many things in life this is noted but not truly experienced.  Something only the perfect coalescence of elements can create.  Many other moments may be close, but none ever the same.  One of those rarities that when reached for, escapes you.  But if you wait, if you just wait, it will float gently down and land in your lap like a feather.

No comments:

Post a Comment