Sunday, November 29, 2009

Scratch the surface

It just occured to me that I have a lot of double standards that I go by.  Especially when it comes to things that annoy me or piss me off.  Almost the entire world can't get away with doing one thing that irks me.  BUT a select few can literally do everything I hate, plus 7 more things I had no idea bothered me, in the span of 10 minutes and I have no reaction. 


How did these few become to be infallible to me?

Furthermore how does anyone become a fixture in your life?  I know some come given to you, but they don't always stay that way.  And others they just somehow, someway get in under the wire.  You wake one morning to find them with you, a part of you. 

For a long time if not most of my life, I will admit, I have tried to fight off attachments.  And I would be lying if I said it wasn't a daily struggle to keep the attachements I now have.  To not pick fights that would piss people off and ensure that they leave me alone.  To show interest in the lives of those whom I care for.  Because I really do, though I may not show it.  Mostly because I'm unsure how.

I know this comes from lessons that I've learned from and extrapolated upon. 

Lesson: Some people can't be trusted.  Expanded: Most people can't be trusted.  Eventually you can convince yourself that no one can be trusted.  This is not the case, though some days it truly seems so. 


God, tangent much?  F'n A.

Point is, some people can get away with murder for me.  And I guess it bothers me how much that doesn't bother me.

No comments:

Post a Comment