Sunday, December 20, 2009

you don't get curtain calls here

Morrissey fills the room, not that I need it.  nothing's quiet in my head.  staring at the ceiling through lenses not my own, but I see the same.  I wonder what the paint will look like in 5 years.  10.  30.  Will it still be here?  Will I?  Facing mortality, whether it be your own or a close friends, is an experience like none other.  You've never felt more dead or more alive.  Broken, but stronger than ever.  Weak and scared shitless, but ready to fight harder than you imagined you were able.

we cling to one another.  share our burdens with each other when the load becomes too heavy.  This is how we make it.  this is how we live.  we cannot do it alone.  and sometimes, reminding ourselves of that is enough to get us through.  take us up and over, where we all fly free and fearless.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete