Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I believe it, though most days I'm blind to it.

The better part of our lives are anchored in faith.  I don't mean faith in the 'divine' I mean faith in general.  I would have been the first to say faith is bullshit, blah blah blah, but it just occured to me I'm really fucking stupid.  For faith to have no factor at all in my life I would have to, had to have been, 100% sure of every single decision I've ever made.  I know there's no fucking way for that to be true.  I don't think I've ever been 100% sure of anything.  Ever.  Yeah I've had good feelings, vibes about stuff, but I don't think I would've staked my life on some of those choices. 

We find ourselves saying "it will all work out in time"  or "it will happen when it's supposed to"  that, folks, would be Lady Faith herself all up in your head & heart. So there.  So *fucking* there.   All I can do is resist the urge to stick my tongue out at myself in the mirror and just laugh instead.

Thank you Universe for reminding me once again, when I most need it, that I am ever the naive lamb.

No comments:

Post a Comment