Thursday, October 29, 2009

Lost under the surface

Been having some difficulty lately.  Writing. Living. Feeling.  It's like the second something is expected of me, I am no longer interested in following through.  I will drop it and let it all fall, break it into a millions peices. And all just so you know that I can't be trusted with it. I want to take your expectations, your heart, and set it all on fire.  Then make you watch it burn. Make sure you know never to entrust me with them again. 

This is wrong.



I know this is wrong.

But God, it would feel so good.  At least while I was doing it. 
I'm sure afterward, I'd hate myself. But you would hate me more.
that's all that matters
that was the point



Even so, I never will.  Because ultimately, I'm a selfish asshole.  I will keep you.  I want you here with me. 
It's not that I dont know how.  Because I do, all too well.  I've done this before.
But not with you.


So until then...


"I will never let you fall.  I'll stand up with you forever.
  I'll be there for you through it all.  Even if saving you sends me to heaven."








god this resounds of pathetic emo bullshit.
you'd do well to ignore it.
time passes.






1 comment:

  1. feeling cold, feeling empty
    set the stage where you want me.
    and this crowd right before me,
    doesn't care that I'm dying.

    and the audience stands with their eyes fixed
    on the preconceived version of me.
    I'm so betrayed by your hopes,
    but I will not hide for your peace of mind.

    oh but child, I've got vices like any other man

    raise a boy to a cynic
    take his love and then let it turn
    into something passionate
    something sick, something rabid.

    and I vent to keep myself from caving
    I don't hate you, I just hate where I'm heading
    I'm left here asking, when did I trade in
    my bleeding heart for a selfish win?

    oh but Mother, I've got vices like any other man
    vices that you're not used to
    vices that'll make you think less of me...

    ReplyDelete